Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Subject: MS Office <RUN!>
From: [email protected] (Joel Maslak)
Date: 27 Feb 1997 01:09:11 GMT

I decided to uninstall MickySoft office (the last version which ran on
Win 3.11) from one of the playstations (They are NOT workstations, too
unstable).  Since I have never done this task before, I made a mistake
of thinking that this would be as boring as installing Micr$oft stuff.

It was not.

Various prompts:
	"Setup is now checking for available disk space"

Then, as it starts deleting files,
	"Setup is now upgrading your system"

I definitely agree with the second one.  For once, a MickyShaft feature
which I find useful!

--

Joel Maslak

Caution: When copying and pasting text, work with only a few lines
at a time.  If you copy too many lines, you may trigger a bug in the
system, and your window will become unstable.
	Pg. 129, "A Practical Guide to the Unix System"

---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----
FTP Error
Could not login to FTP server

Arizona Macintosh Users Group (AMUG)

 Sorry, but there are too many anonymous ftp users on this system right now.
Only 100 anonymous users are allowed to connect at once.

[snip]

The AMUG BBS in a BOX area is also avalible at:

 ftp://ftp.shadowmac.org/pub/mirrors/amug_mac/bbs-in-a-box/
 http://www.shadowmac.org/mirrors

Good for You! If you see this you aren't using Internet Exploder and won't
get annoyed at us because you can't see the address of the mirrors :)

User anonymous access denied.

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

As an attempt to improve the human-computer interface, Windows 95 is a
failure. [It] is so bad, I hardly know where to start. Bill doesn't get it.
He admits Windows needs work, but he seems to
have no clue as to how truly terrible it is. He has no idea that the
average consumer will never have anything to do with something as
labyrinthine as Windows 95.
-Jesse Berst, ZDNet
---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----
Note the sig.  :-)

>>I enjoy your Boycoyy MS site.  It is probably the best anti-MS site
>>available that doesn't lose much of its effect by trying to be funny (as
>>all of those www.microsoft.com parody sites do).
>>
>>You might enjoy this statement by a guy who works in the Mac division at
>>Microsoft about things that are not "significant" bugs:

[snip]

>I like the parody sites, too, but I was trying to do something more
>serious.

[snip]

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

As an attempt to improve the human-computer interface, Windows 95 is a
failure. [It] is so bad, I hardly know where to start. Bill doesn't get it.
He admits Windows needs work, but he seems to
have no clue as to how truly terrible it is. He has no idea that the
average consumer will never have anything to do with something as
labyrinthine as Windows 95.
-Jesse Berst, ZDNet
---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

I take much of what [Bill Gates] says with a grain of salt because Bill
would like to be ... the center of gravity for the whole world. He's
totally dedicated to his work and will do virtually anything to kill
the rest of us.
-Robert Allen, Chairman, AT&T
---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----
I'm sure some of you have seen this, but...