mph-humor Digest V97 #4

---- Begin included message ----
mph-humor Digest				Volume 97 : Issue 4

Today's Topics:
	 Re: Scully....Apple....Poland
	 Feature request for Cyberdog
	 [alt.folklore.computers] Re: History of the @ sign
	 [alt.sysadmin.recovery] Re: Plumbing luser
	 [rec.games.roguelike.angband] Re: Random Artefacts the exe.
---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----
Somebody recently pointed out an article on the web by former CEO John
Sculley about Apple's current problems.  Here's nice response:

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

Imagine buying a new car and discovering that the door locks don't
work, the steering wheel makes the car turn in the wrong direction, and
it sometimes goes around and around in circles. Then it stops dead and
all the air comes hissing out of the tires.  That, roughly, is what my
experience with a PC was like. -Mike Royko, The Chicago Tribune
---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

Anyone who's watched Microsoft will recognize a familiar tactic in the
NetPC scenario:
1) Rival comes up with a potential threat. 2) Microsoft makes a big splash
hyping a new, better product; brings in lots of partners. 3) Time passes.
Market freezes. Everyone waits. 4) "Well, gee...," Microsoft mumbles
eventually. "Maybe we won't have exactly the product we promised or quite
as soon."
-ZDNet Anchordesk ( http://www5.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_723.html )