From: [email protected] (Michael J. Fromberger)
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Subject: Re: Helpdesk Blues
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:16:22 -0500

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jason
Lindquist) wrote:

>[email protected] (Patrick Gosling) writes:
>
>>An erupting volcano was attached to the net?  Hmmmmm, strange images
>>in my mind now.
>
>For shame.  "Was"?  AOL is *still* connected to the net.

"Volcano"?  No, I don't think so.  Actually, the best description of
AOHell I've seen came from a FOAF[1] who was bitching that "information
superhighway" was a stupid metaphor for the internet.  What if, he
wondered, the highway system were run like the Internet:

"AOL would be a giant diesel-smoking bus with hundreds of ebola victims on
board throwing dead wombats and rotten cabbage at the other cars"

...and that really just about sums it up for me.

-M

[1] friend-of-a-friend

 |:::::://|  Michael J. Fromberger         Tel 617 * 276 * 8885
 |{\:::// |  Software Toolsmith            FAX 617 * 276 * 8878
 |::\//   | <mailto:[email protected]>     <http://www.vgi.com/>
 VideoGuide          209 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA  01730