S.fantasticus

I just got this message.  Anyone have any clue as to what he's talking
about, or who he thinks I am?  ;)

>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:49:13 GMT
>From: ajones <[email protected]>
>Subject: S.fantasticus
>To: [email protected]
>

>Dear Dr Hass,
>	My name is Alex Jones and I am a Ph.D. student working in Professor
Thorpes department (at the
>University of Wales) on the lizard Sphaerodactylus fantasticus. My work on
this lizard comprises of three main
>aims, a morphometric multivariate analysis of populations, production of a
cytochrome B sequence based
>phylogeny of the species and finally production of primers to
microsatallites in order to produce a microsatellite
>based phylogeny for comparrison with the sequence based phylogeny. I am now
at the stage where I have
>collected all my morphometric data, begun to test primers for
microsatellites screened and am obtaining sequence
>data. I have however yet to sample lisards from Montserrat (I have sampled
all other known localities) and hope to
>travel there later this year (depending on the Volcano). During this trip I
also wish to collect tail tip samples of
>outgroups for my sequence tree. I have E-mailed you to ask for your opinion
as to what would make good
>outgroupes for such a tree. I was considering S.sputator and S.elegantulus
and I already have S.vincenti samples,
>but perhaps I should choose a more distantly related group. Any help you
could give would be appreciated and I
>will be happy to collaberate in any way with you.
>		Yours Sincerly
>			Alex Jones.

> Alex Jones.
> Brambell building.
> School of Biological Sciences.
> University of Wales.
> Bangor
> Gwynedd
> North Wales.
> UK.
> E-mail [email protected].

Best wishes,
Craig A. Haynal
NetGod-at-large
([email protected])

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then
 suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
 At night, the ice weasels come."
                                       -- Matt Groening

This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.
Sumbissions:  [email protected]
Information:  http://wopr.ml.org/~hunt/mph-humor.html