The Royal Outing

Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny.reruns
From: [email protected]
Subject: The Royal Outing
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 97 15:20:03 EST

Her Majesty, the Queen, and Her Royal Highness, Princess Diana, were
out for a drive in the country.  Suddenly, upon a quiet road, they were
set upon and stopped by a highwayman.  He forced them out of the car at
gunpoint, and demanded their jewels.

"Give me your tiara, Ma'am," demanded the robber.

"I'm sorry," replied the Queen.  "I did not wear my tiara today."

"Well then, give me your ring, your highness!"  demanded the robber.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't wear my ring today," replied the Princess.

Frustrated, the robber waved them away, and drove off with the Bentley,
getting at least something for his efforts.  The Queen, Princess and
their chauffeur made it back to Windsor castle, where they related
their ordeal to the Queen Mother.

After the Queen Mother received an account of the robbery she turned to
Queen Elizabeth and asked, "I thought that you wore your tiara today?"

"But I did.  When I saw the robber pull us over, I hid the tiara in my
private place."

The Queen Mother turned towards Diana and said, "And you - I thought
you wore your ring today?"

"I did, but like Momsie, I hid the ring in my private place."

At this point the chauffeur interjected, "It's a shame, Ma'am, that
Princess Margaret wasn't wi' us.  We could have saved the Bentley!"

--
>From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
rec.humor.funny.

Web users, you can read a random joke from the archives just by
bookmarking
	http://comedy.clari.net/cgi-bin/randomurl/rhf/jokes/masterlist

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.