[rec.music.phish] Re: need LQ tapes

In a newsgroup normally filled with tapers bragging about their
thousand-dollar decks and high-end mics, we have...

From: Steve Chiaramonte <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: rec.music.phish
Subject: Re: need LQ tapes
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 20:21:50 -0800

Pete Kraus wrote:

> > Todd Hamelin wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello...
> > >
> > > I'm in search for some shitty sounding tapes of shows that everyone
> > > already has.  I have about 10 hours of high generation phish (usually
> > > gen>10).  I use tdk type I's with dolby and auto reverse.  Anyone wanna
> > > trade?
> > >

> I've got a horrible copy of 2-20-93 that I taped from my friend by
> holding a walkman up to the speakers on his factory installed car stereo
> which you might be interested in.  I'm looking for any shows which were
> taped from the parking lot, preferably indoor shows.
>
> Pete

Oh yeah?? That's nothing....I've got a killer copy of the Indiana parking
lot jam.......They played outside a telephone booth, so I called my
brother, and had him record it through the phone onto a microcasette
recorder, then took that tape, and recorded it through my headphones
plugged into the mic jack of my portable casette player.....Killer
tape-I'd say a strong D+......Anyone want a copy....
					Steve

This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.
Sumbissions:  [email protected]
Information:  http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~hunt/mph-humor.html