Pork

Joe Ragosta ([email protected]) wrote:

>> >I suppose I could take a million 286s and make the fastest computer in
>> >the
>> >world.  Your assertion is irrelevant.
>>
>> It isn't irrelevant. After all, they could have chosen a huge number
>> of PPC RISC chips.
>>
>> But they didn't.
>
>No. But my neighbor works for the government and his department was asked
>to help fund this computer. Apparently, all the departments involved
>refused to fund it because it was a waste of money.
>
>Then, Senator Dominici (who happens to have a large Intel fab providing a
>disproportionate amount of jobs in his district) forced it through
>Congress.
>
>Hardly a glowing testimonial.

Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )
Cross-platform internet file format utilties at www.pobox.com/~ericb/xplat.html

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.
-Robert Benchley

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.