(fwd) Advertisement Email

On 11 Dec 1996 03:13:11 GMT, in alt.sysadmin.recovery
[email protected] (Martin Ostergaard) wrote:

ohhhhhh, I had a nice piece of advertisement email, I didnt like it so
instead of responding to the (prolly a spoof) email address listed as
reply-to I found their homepage, sent an email to their sponsor and root

at their system, this is the email and reply[1] I got afterwards, proves

once more that it helps to be polite and to take the side of the
sysadmin =]

*cackle*

[1] If you consider this useful information LART me...

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 22:29:34 -0800
From: Marc Colhoun <[email protected]>
To: Martin Ostergaard <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Please take me off your list

>Dear Sirs,
>I understand your need to advertise on the net, but it may have occurred
>to you that a lot of people may not want random advertisement in their
>Email, at least I do not want this, so please take me off your
>advertisement list and find better ways to find costumers than taking
>random names from usenet newsgroups and other such tricks. Failing to
>take me off your list I will file a formal complaint at your site, in
>case that fails I guess there is not much I can do to stop you sending me
>these emails other than programming procmail to send email from your site
>directly to /dev/null on my system. Please note that I would like to send
>you a complete hex-dump of my harddisk and the only reason I do not do
>this is my sympathies for your systems administrator who will have to
>deal with it.
>
>Kindest regards,
>Martin Ostergaard
>
> -----------------------------------~oOXOo~-----------------------------------
>   "Hemingway once said 'The world is a fine place, and it's worth fighting
>        for', I agree with the last part" - Detective Somerset (Se7en)
> -----------------------------------~oOXOo~-----------------------------------
>
>          <EricTCleric> I've never had any problems with Windows 95

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience. I had no idea that the list I
purchased contained names of people who are truly not interested in
receiving income generating possibilities. YOUR NAME HAS BEEN REMOVED AS
WE
SPEAK! All leads in this list, had supposedly responded to home
business/
network marketing, and were awaiting information regarding
opportunities.

Once again, I am truly sorry!

Marc

----------

"If you are not financially independent by the time you are forty or
fifty,
it doesn't mean that you are living in the wrong country or at the wrong
time. It simply means that you have the wrong plan."

-Jim Rohn

"Suck harder!" croaked the saucy DARPA contract monitor
as the corpulent dentist tweaked her moist armpits and
eased his swollen gusher into her pink honeypot.

--
Gregory S. Sutter                            "How do I read this file?"
[email protected]                            "You uudecode it."

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.