[alt.folklore.computers] Re: Need details on Pentagon story

From: [email protected] (Pete Olson)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: Re: Need details on Pentagon story
Date: 29 Nov 1996 06:56:14 GMT

Simon Slavin ([email protected]) wrote:
:
: Hard disks are never sold.

[slurp]

: I doubt that official US Army/Navy/Air Force/CIA/FBI/whatever
: policies are much more liberal.

A couple guys I know worked in the White House until a few
months ago on its data networks, and they called the building
the "computer roach motel" (computers check in, but they
don't check out).

White house guys say "Sure, come right over demo that
Whoopty Do 4000xl."  One hour later it's "Gee, that's nice,
but I don't think we need any.  Did we mention that no
device with magnetic media leaves the building once it's
brought in?  Oh, you didn't know that?  Hmm, we'll
compensate you for the equipment.  Here's five bucks."

GS-5's with 3 SGI's on their desks...

This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.
Sumbissions:  [email protected]
Information:  http://wopr.ml.org/~hunt/mph-humor.html