(fwd) [alt.shenanigans] RAM Doubler Revenge

On 12 Nov 1996 09:54:03 -0700, in alt.humor.best-of-usenet levendis
<[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: RAM Doubler Revenge
From: [email protected] (Leonard Lautzbach)
Newsgroups: alt.shenanigans, alt.revenge

[email protected] (Lon Stowell) wrote:
>Douglas E Ferguson <[email protected]> writes:
>>Once in the store I saw this thing called RAM doubler for like $80 and
>>I looked at it and thought "hey, I've got 8MB RAM, and this thing will
>>make it into 16" so I bought it.  Installed it.  The thing did squat.  I
>>don't think I've ever been more ripped off.  Anyway, I wanna get
>>revenge.   Anyone got any ideas?
>
>  With only 8 Mb of RAM, you can't use a RAM doubler.  You need a
>  RAM tripler instead.  Go back to the store and tell them this
>  and I am sure they will get you the help you need.   Don't take
>  any crap or pathetic excuses from the store--stay there until
>  they sell you the mandatory RAM Tripler.
>
>  Take your old RAM with you when you go in, so they can sell you
>  the right type of Tripler, as these vary depending on the type
>  of RAM in your computer.

This type of post is just plain cruel.  You're out to waste 80 more of
this guy's hard-earned dollars.

To the original poster:  Don't listen to him, a tripler won't do you ANY
good!  You need a RAM quadrupler.  A RAM tripler with 8 megs of RAM will
only accentuate the inate INX buffering in the LRC address register
pipeline.  With a RAM quadrupler, you'll get more memory deallocation
because of the LSP modulo being in synch with the resource resolution
table (RRT).  The follow-up poster did tell you one good thing, though,
DO
take your memory in with you when you purchase the quadrupler.

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility

to the moderators, send mail to [email protected].

--
Gregory S. Sutter                            "How do I read this file?"
[email protected]                            "You uudecode it."

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.