Re: (fwd) Re: Is Microsoft really that bad?

>NT4 has these demon
>processes
>running all the time.

Hmmm..... I would agree that Microsoft is demonic.

>Plus you have OLE and Win32 API which not only
>makes
>functionality a hell of a lot better than Linux but usability.

Ughhhh.  This is not humorous at all.  OLE sucks.  Nisus just released an
OpenDoc version of Nisus Writer.  If MOC had it for cheap, I'd buy it.

>> How can you say that?!  Intel/Linux is cheaper than Intel/MS!
>
>In money but time?  Don't be so sure.  Money is not the only value here.

Hmmmm... he would have a point *if* people like Craig didn't have a job
administering NT servers.

>Play with Linux, have fun, but it will NOT be the OS of
>the
>future.

OK, I can agree with that.  But for some odd reason, Win95 just doesn't
quite seem to cut it as the "OS of the future" either.  Oddly enough, I
don't think the OS of the future is here yet.  :-)

Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.
-Robert Benchley

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.