[alt.sysadmin.recovery] The Energy Police

From: [email protected]
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Subject: The Energy Police
Date: 23 Oct 1996 23:45:28 GMT

This morning I was the first in at work. There was a sign on the door saying
that the "Conservation Task Force" had paid a visit after hours. On every
workstation there was a note explaining that this "PC" should be shut down
every night to conserve energy. They said that on the next visit, they'd do
it for us.

The upside is that my boss told me that if they killed the power on any Unix
box, I could cut off their fingers in the paper cutter. It's nice getting
support from management...

Jim Buchanan                                           [email protected]
"We kill to live and die to grow -That's the way the world must go!"
 -Cordwainer Smith

This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.
Sumbissions:  [email protected]
Information:  http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~hunt/mph-humor.html