[comp.lang.c.moderated] Re: Hungarian Notation Can be Considered Harmful (was Re: GCC/G++ vs Other guys)

From: [email protected] (Jay Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c.moderated
Subject: Re: Hungarian Notation Can be Considered Harmful (was Re: GCC/G++ vs Other guys)
Date: 17 Oct 1996 21:22:11 -0500

Another fun quote from Microsoft Secrets:

"The Hungarian naming convention gives developers the ability to read
other people's code relatively easily, with a minmum number of comments
in the source code.  Jon De Vann estimated that only about 1 percent of all
lines in the Excel product code consist of comments, but the code is still
very understandable due to the use of Hungarian: "if you look at our source
code, you also notice very vew comments.  Hungarian gives us the ability to
go in and read code...."

Wow! If you use Hungarian you don't have to document your software!
Just think of the hours I have wasted documenting while this "silver bullet"
existed. I feel so stupid and ashamed!

Jay

This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.
Sumbissions:  [email protected]
Information:  http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~hunt/mph-humor.html