[[email protected]: [[Fwd: How NOT to give an enema to an elephant]]]

----- Forwarded message from Ken Monville <[email protected]> -----

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:00:55 -0400
From: Ken Monville <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: [[Fwd: How NOT to give an enema to an elephant]]

-----Forwarded message from brian crosson <[email protected]>-----

PADERBORN, GERMANY - Overzealous zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt fed his
constipated elephant Stefan 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a
bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally
let fly-and suffocated the keeper under 200
pounds of poop.

Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was attempting to give the
ailing elephant an olive-oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded on him
like a dump truck full of mud.

"The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected defecation knocked Mr.
Riesfeldt to the ground, where he struck his head on a rock and lay
unconscious as the elephant continued to evacuate his bowels on top of
him," said flabbergasted Paderborn police detective Erik Dern.  "With no
one there to help him, he lay under all that dung for at least an hour
before a watchman came along, and during that time he suffocated. It seems
to be just one of those freak accidents that happen sometimes -- a
billion-to-one shot, at least."

The heartbreaking tale of constipation and tragedy began April 23 when the
conscientious zookeeper noticed that his prize, 8,000-pound African
elephant didn't seem to be producing his usual poop aplenty.  "Friedrich
had actually been concerned for several days because he knew that severe
constipation can kill an elephant," assistant zookeeper Kurt Herrman
recalled.  "He told me he was going to stay late that Thursday night to
treat Stefan with laxatives and possibly give him an enema.  I offered to
help, but he sent me on home, saying
he had everything under control."

But two hours later, horrified night watchman Walter Pleuger found
Friedrich lying lifeless under a mound of muck, his body visible only from
the knees down.   "I had never really thought about it before,"  Det. Dern
said.  "But obviously, giving an elephant an enema can be avery dangerous
activity-and not something that should be attempted alone."

You must be 18 or older to be on this list.

I don't write these things, and I don't claim copyright to any of them.
If something offends you, delete it, don't complain to me I don't care.

visit http://www.goatboy.net for more information.

--------------A9A1FBD959EC2AFA6DFAB923--

-----End of forwarded message-----

--
[email protected]
Internet Coordinator, Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

GCS d- s++: a-- C+++ UHB++++$ P+++ L- E--- W+ N o? K? w--- O M+ !V PS PE++
Y+ PGP+ t 5 X+ !R tv+ b DI+++ D++ G e>++ h r% y+(*)