Quotable Bill Quotations

====
Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates Monday endorsed a continued role for
the federal government in funding scientific research, which he said was
crucial to making computers easier to use.

"A lot of people including myself would say there is a role for government
in encouraging certain kinds of research," Gates said in response to a
question at a scientific conference.
=====

What we're probably not being told:

But when asked whether Microsoft should spend money on scientific research,
such as making computers easier to use, Gates said, "No, we'd rather let
the government researchers handle that and then we'll borrow ideas from
them a little."

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

Plug and play has, in many ways, arrived. Too bad it still doesn't work.
Oh, it works sometimes, and when it does, the result is as it should be--a
basically painless installation. It just doesn't work often enough. . . .
We'd like to note that the Mac's version of plug and play predates the
PC's, and is still better.
-Mark L. Van Name and Bill Catchings (PC Week Magazine, Feb. 10, 1997)

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.