I bet Linux can't do this...

All Linux users get is a log entry... and Windows users may not get
anything at all... but check this out:

=====
The AG Group has updated plug-ins for EtherPeek to help network managers
handle the latest security issues, including the Ping of Death:

"A new plug-in is avalaible for our EtherPeek 3.0 for the Mac, primarily to
watch for Ping O'Death packets and to alert you by speech, pager,
AppleScript or a log entry."
=====

I knew pagers were useful for *something*...

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

Most of the Macintosh community is as remarkably immune to the last 30 years
of OS research as most of the rest of the computer world is to any clues on
user interface.
--Zalman Stern

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.