[alt.sysadmin.recovery] Re: Win 94???

From: [email protected] (Charles A. Plater)
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Subject: Re: Win 94???
Date: 17 Jan 1997 17:50:51 GMT

Judy Smith ([email protected]) wrote:
: In article <[email protected]>,
:    [email protected] (Peter deFriesse) wrote:
: >There was an advert in the local paper last week placed by a local
: >software firm.  They were looking for a sysadmin.  Requirements
: >included "3 years experience" with windows '95.
: >

: Didn't they release the first beta around 1993 or something??

: Anyway a month programming on Win 95 feels like 5 years anyway.

I went to the bookstore today to pick up some supplies, (tape, staples,
O'Reilly Books [1]) and I overheard this conversation:

<Luser> I want to upgrade my PC
<Luser Employee> What kind of computer do you have
<Luser> 486DX2 66
<Luser Employee> What do you want to upgrade
<Luser> I want to make it faster
<Luser Employee> Oh -- you need Windows 95
<Luser> Oh, Ok, How much is it

I really wanted to give these two a clue, but it was way too funny

[1] It seems that our CSC department is offering a class in System
Adminitration, and the texts for this class are Essential System
Administration and Learning Perl.

--
        Charles A. Plater, Lab Supervisor, Wayne State University

     o                  Lola Valley Lodge #583 F&AM               o
    /^\        Valley of Detroit AASR | Moslem Shrine AAONMS     /^\
  \/ G \/           Kindness Chapter No. 523 O.E.S.            \/ G \/
  / \./ \          [email protected]          / \./ \