[[email protected] (William J. Evans)] April 1 considered harmful

Well, folks, wopr.ml.org is back on the network and bringing debatably
funny material to you once again.
	-mph

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 13:29:58 -0800
From: [email protected] (William J. Evans)
Subject: April 1 considered harmful

Our esteemed PGN commented with respected to the alleged PENPAL virus:
:  Too bad we were not approaching 1 April instead of 1 Jan.

We need to address the risks involved in even _having_ a 1 April in the
calendar.  What if a powerful newbie takes a 1 April prank seriously, and
dives in to "fix" something?  What are the risks there?

Alternatively, what are the risks of expanding March to 32 days and starting
April with 2 April?

Would that be any worse than the upcoming Y2K?

Sorry, but I couldn't wait three months to submit this.  Too bad we're
not approaching 1 April instead of 1 Jan.

Bill Evans/Box 4829/Irvine, California 92716/(714)551-2766  [email protected]

This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.
Sumbissions:  [email protected]
Information:  http://wopr.ml.org/~hunt/mph-humor.html