Great waste of bandwidth

At 12:09OPM on Nov 1 in article
<[email protected]> John Blumel writes, with the
subject "Apple rapes the elderly:"

> Apple Computer has reached new lows in customer service and ethical
> behavior. Having sold defective equipment to a retired couple living in
> Florida (my parents), Apple refuses to replace this equipment in any sort
> of timely fashion. The hardware in question is a Global Village 14.4 modem
> which is not currently in production and for which there is no planned
> date for this product ever being produced again. Apple refused all of the
> following suggestions for resolving this issue:
>
> 1) Provide an actual date by which this modem will be replaced.
>
> 2) Replace the defective modem with one of comparable value and price.
>
> 3) Refund the retail price of the modem so that another may be purchased
> in its place.
>
> All of these suggestions were rejected out of hand and calls to coporate
> headquarters in Cupertino have gone unanswered. Apple is willfully acting
> in bad faith and should be held accountable for these deceptive and
> unethical business practices. Does anyone really believe that it is fair
> that a customer should wait indefinitely for a replacement for defective
> hardware which may never be manufactured again. Given the current market
> for 14.4 modems this possibility is certainaly real. But Apple would have
> them wait, maybe three months, maybe a year, until they in their corporate
> indifference decide to act.
>
> If this is Apples new corporate strategy then Apples customers are soon in
> for a rude awakening and the customer loyalty that has made Apple Computer
> a success over the years is about to be rewarded by a hard slap in the
> face. Obviously, they have decide that it is in their best interest to
> stonewall a retired couple living on a fixed income rather than to take
> the ethically proper step of resolving this issue in good faith and in a
> timely fashion. Is this the kind of Apple Computer that anyone wants or
> even needs.
>
> I strongly urge everyone to contact Apple Computer and let them know that
> customer loyalty cannot be taken for granted. Actions like this will do
> more harm to the Macintosh community as well as to Apple Computer's
> reputation than it could possibly cost them to just refund the price of a
> modem that doesn't work. Let Apple know that this is not an acceptable way
> to treat customers and that this is not a strategy that will help them
> survive.

A mere three hours later, at 3:14 PM on Nov 1,
<[email protected]> (John Blumel) writes:

> Apple corporate headquarters has finally responded and this situation has
> been resolved to our satisfaction.
>

> John Blumel
> [email protected]

-Eric Bennett ([email protected]; http://emb121.rh.psu.edu)

One processor per person is not enough.
-Be, Inc.  (http://www.be.com)

Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

--
This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.