How to open a case

Since UMAX Computer Corp. entered the Mac clone market last spring, its
only offering has been the SuperMac S900, a high-powered system with prices
to match -- $3,500 and up. But the company has said all along it would
eventually deliver lower-priced products, and this week the first of these
new systems -- the SuperMac J700/150 -- should be appearing on dealer
shelves.
. . .
The J700/150 is almost the same size as an S900 or a Power Mac 9500 on its
side. The enclosure should be easy to open -- it's simply a matter of
loosening one thumbscrew and pressing two latches -- but we had trouble
getting the cover off our pre-release unit until we followed a UMAX
spokeswoman's advice: "Just hit it."

Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )
Cross-platform internet file format utilties at www.pobox.com/~ericb/xplat.html

Windows 95: Five years ago, corporate software giant, Microsoft, spent
millions of dollars, and put a team of hundreds of highly specialized
programmers on an extensive and highly ambitious project to find another
name for the Apple Menu.