[linux.dev.kernel] Re: No messages for 10 days?

Newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel
From: "Michael J. Micek" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: No messages for 10 days?
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 00:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Matthias Reineke <[email protected]>

> the last ten days i got no messages from this list. Is it dead?

Yes.

Basically, since "Linux" is a trademarked term and we're not
allowed to use it, we all decided to go on to other things.
Linus has moved to the U.S. to go work for MicroSoft, Dave
Miller has taken a position with SunSoft, and so forth.  Pretty
much everyone agreed that Windows NT was the way to go for
Web servers, so if that's what you're interested in, you
should start scraping together your $1080.

Whatever you do, don't check out these websites:

Or, for that matter, read comp.os.linux.announce, etc.

--
Michael J. Micek, peripatetic philosopher. (currently) [email protected]