United Airlines

In one week, I get to find out whether United Airlines has a pilot
handy to fly me back to California.  A story on cnn.com about the
airline's staffing troubles explains:

> United has announced the cancellation of 1,980 flights for September
> to reduce the number of last-minute cancellations. But the airline
> has yet to annouce which specific flights will be crossed off its
> schedule.

If I were flying in September, knowing that a large number of unspecified
flights will be canceled would be much more comforting than the
uncertainty which now plagues me.

In related news, viewing the source for http://united.com/ reveals
keyword meta-tags for "Untied Airlines" and similar.

--
Matthew Hunt <[email protected]> * Bunch of savages in this town.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *