Synchophants and Sick Email Addresses

On the subject of "Synchophants and Sick Email Addresses"...

=========================
Subject: Re: Synchophants
From: Nicholas Petreley <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list AM-INFO <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:56:13 -0800

[email protected] wrote:

> In <[email protected]>, on 02/11/99 at 05:53 PM,
>    James Jones <[email protected]> said:
>
> |I never formally studied Latin, but I do know that one.
>
> |te deum laudamus = We praise thee, God.
>
> |>"Mr. Zealand"'s email address is:
> |>
> |>     [email protected]
> |>
> |> Do you know Latin?
>
> Um-hmm.  Which means that the full email address is:
>
>     We praise thee, God, at Microsoft Network
>
> --
> [email protected] (T. Guilbert) sending e-mail to you from lovely Portland,
>OR, USofA
> --------------------------

A "sycophant" is a servile flatterer.  Can I assume that
a "synchophant" is an off-beat servile flatterer?

(Sorry, I'm not perfect at spelling either, but as an
ex-musician I just couldn't resist)

-Nick  ;-)

--
Eric Bennett ( http://www.pobox.com/~ericb/ )
Cornell University, Field of Biochemistry, 377 Olin Chemistry Lab

Microsoft execs should wear bullet-proof jackets in court. On their feet.
Because that's where they keep shooting themselves.
-Jesse Berst, editorial director, ZDNet Anchordesk