Announcing SimGates 1.0b1: The Voice of Redmond

I am happy to announce the release of an exciting new product:

SimGates: The Voice of Redmond

SimGates: The Voice of Redmond brings the amazing oratory of Bill Gates to
your Macintosh computer.  SimGates is truly an innovative product worthy of
Microsoft itself. Like Mr. Gates' software, it is free of bugs, and it is
not bloated. In fact, it uses about the same amount of memory as Microsoft
Word, and is just as useful.

The current version is beta 1.  I thought members of the list who have
access to a Mac might like to give it a whirl and pass along suggestions
before I unleash it on the general public (if you don't have a Mac, it will
probably run on Executor too, but I haven't tested that).  See the SimGates
web page for more details:
http://www.pobox.com/~ericb/software/simgates

Current audio output from this program includes gems such as:

"The statistics show that Microsoft BASIC is an economic boon to this
industry and to our nation."

"Hey, hey, hey.  Microsoft is creative."

"Not all companies succeed.  Some fail to embrace Jim Allchin.  This is the
way technology in the free market works."

SimGates is distributed under the GNU GPL and I am open to helping people
port it to platforms other than MacOS (see the web page for more info).

--
Eric Bennett (http://www.pobox.com/~ericb/), Cornell Biochemistry Department

Listening to Microsoft officials react to any competing technology,
government action, or claim of anti-competitive behavior is like listening
to tobacco moguls tell you nitotine isn't addictive and smoking hasn't been
proven to cause lung cancer. After a point, you simply stop believing
anything they have to say. And sooner or later, you just stop listening.

-Nicholas Petreley, Editor in Chief, NC World Magazine

provided.  Archives and inaccurate instructions are available from
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/humor/ .  Requests to [email protected].