mph-humor Digest V97 #15

---- Begin included message ----
mph-humor Digest				Volume 97 : Issue 15

Today's Topics:
	 Get your facts first...
	 Re: Apple Steal From Bill Gates!!!
	 MS optimizations
	 Re: Orbital Gates
	 Re: MS adopts UNIX
---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----
Get you facts first...
...and then you may distort them as you please.

Specifically, release the wrong facts loudly, then quietly go back and
correct them later and hope nobody will notice...

--
Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )

Sixty-seven percent of the doctors surveyed preferred X to Y.  (Jones
couldn't be persauded.)
-John Allen Paulos
---- End included message ----

---- Begin included message ----

--

[email protected] (Philth) writes:

> Check out PC Magazine April issue. They pit SGI, PPro, Mac, and
> a few others
>
> 1) Compaq Pro Workstation (Dual PP200Mhz - 128MB Ram.) - $10,200 Street
> 2) DayStar Genesis MP 800+ (4 PowerPC 604e 200Mhz - 128MB Ram) - $11,500
> Street.
> 3) SGI O2 (MIPS R5000SC 180Mhz - 192MB Ram) - $11,500 Street

[snip]

>------------------
>MicroSoft Word  (Well, Cant blame them for optimising it under their own OS)

[snip]

> Spell Check
> 1> 4 seconds
> 2> 59 seconds
> 3> 2minutes17seconds

A dual PPro is 30 times faster than an SGI O2 when running
Microsoftware.  Lovely.

--

--